corn stunted

I planted corn this year in two established and separate raised garden beds. Same seeds, same fertilizer... etc... but in one bed, the corn is about half the size, and didnt appear to be as healthy. I really am concerned that something is wrong with the soil, or I have a nematode problem... or something that I cant see...
Any suggestions? Any ideas what might cause the stunted growth of the plants? Also last year or two, the other plants that I have tried to grow in that bed didnt seem to be as healthy. Pumpkins had bad foliar diseases (powdery mildew), stunted growth, etc.
I added a lot of compost, and soil to the bed, earlier this year - thinking it was deficient in some sort of nutrient, but that cant be the case this year.
Any ideas, or suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.95 Beta 3