Corn Science

I got a soil test kit to see if I could learn anything about my problems with the corn.
According to it, the pH of a sample from the corn field is over 7.5 and it has no measurable nutrients.
The pH agrees with my meter; in fact it is actually 7.8. I don't know what to make of the other measurements other than that a peat pot shows some nitrogen and a pH of around 6.5 which is what corn likes.
On Tuesday I put corn seed in 4 peat pots and 4 plastic containers with soil from the corn field.
By Thursday all the corn had sprouted and today they are two inches high and have about that much root sticking out the bottom.
Today one in the soil is just breaking through the top.
Most amazing!
Buy stock in peat moss. I am going to start a run on it this Spring.
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com