Corn Plant (dracaena ... ?) loosing leafs

I have a corn plant at work that I'm getting conerned about. I know "corn plant" is a very faigue name so I looked up some scientific names that might match the plant I'm talking about. It looks almost identical to Dracaena Massangeana or Dracaena Fragrans.
This plant is originally from home where it was doing great. I then brought it into work where it continued to do fine. It was in a location where it received some natural light (it was about 30-40 feet from a window) but most of the light came from overhead lighting which would go off for the most part at night. I've now moved offices where the plant gets no natural lighting and unforutnely it sits very close to one of the lights that never goes off so it receives lighting 24/7. It's been losing a leaf every few weeks for the last few months since I've moved. So I'm wondering if the fact that it's receiving light 24/7 might be the problem. I'm guessing a plant needs rest time too, correct? Is there anything I can do other than moving the plant somewhere else?
Thanks, Harry
I can't help you on the ID, but I will reccomend that you take the plant home again, as the more leaves it looses, the more energy you are depriving it of. Try it's smaller cousin, a comon asian Dracaena sold under the name "lucky bamboo". It'll last a little longer under those conditions, and is easy to replace. Murri

Is it also growing new leaves up top? If so, give it time to adjust to the new situation. Many plants will lose leaves in reaction to situational changes. Also, Dracaena will lose its lower leaves gradually, even under the best of conditions. They just get old. Eventually, you end up with longer trunk than you began with. There's a way around this which involves something called air layering. You make a notch someplace on the trunk where you'd like roots to grow. When roots develop, you cut the trunk off below that point and stick the new "root zone" into a pot. Voila. Shorter plant.
Check this out: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_plants_propagation/article/0,1785,HGTV_3611_1382837,00.html
It stopped growing any leaves, actually one of the leaves that fell off was right at the top.
Thanks, Harry
Water softener at the place of business? Odd fumes?

I've actually been using water from the water cooler to water it lately (no bathroom close by in my new location), so it was pretty pure, but I've since switched back to tap water in case that was causing any issues. As for odd fumes, I can't smell any, but I wouldn't be suprised if there is something ... my office is in the basement now. :(
Thanks, Harry

I'd say give it a couple of weeks and see if it begins to make new leaves. If not, it's time to get that plant out of there. Is it sitting on a cold floor?
The floor is carpeted and it feels fine to the touch.
I'm thinking I might take it home this comming weekend. It's huge though so it's a pretty big ordeal to move it.
Thanks, Harry
another solution besides taking it back home, or rooting another piece from the original, would be to substitute a mother in law tongue or Sanseveria for your dracaena because they can take all kinds of light conditions. low light, high, you can even forget to water it for a week and it will forgive you. Sanseveria's are neat and there are more than two kinds now you can find at most Lowes or Home Depots, and there are people who grow the other varieties if you want something different. I have five different Sanseveria's myself. madgardener who has more tropicals than she knows what to do with sometimes (especially when they all have to come back inside the house right now)