corn in garden

I have a problem with the corn that we feed to the squirrels on the cob coming up in the flower garden and the lawn.
Is there any way to sterilize the corn before we feed it to the squirrles?
Does anyone have any suggesons?
Thanks, Wade
microwave it?

Mow it in the lawn, and in the garden, deal with it at the same time as the other weeds.