corn gluten

well dont know how great it was in thwarting weed germination/growth. we finally used weed b gone industrial strength because the lawn was almost more weeds than grass. then we overcast with the corn gluten to suppress any more weed seed growth. the lawn snapped back incredibly well (this is a house we rent). It really is lush and growing nicely. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

AT:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote: . then we overcast with the corn gluten to suppress any more weed seed growth.

A long time ago i read that sprinkling corn meal on the soil around the ligustrum would get rid of a critter problem they were having, and hat it was a good organic fertilizer. So I sprinkled it all over the garden. It did get rid of the critters on the ligustrum. Later I got a bunch (about 40$ worth) of seed and decided to just plant them all over the garden in various beds. None of the seed sprouted. Months later I realized that the meal was a type of pre-emergent. Thanks for your post as it jogged my memory and I think I will follow your actions and pour some on the grass areas and see if the crab grass will go away. lee

Reply to
tvksi