Corn burting through husks?

At first I though I had racoons visiting my garden, but as I looked closer saw several ears in different stages of "bursting" through the husks. Is this normal? The husks at the top of the ears seem to be slowly splitting, allowing the corn to show through. There is no damage at all to the corn, no critter bites, nothing. Corn actually looks quite nummy :).

Reply to
Matthew Reed

farmerdill

It's not a problem, it's just that I've never seen it before. At first I thought critters were visiting my garden as there is a family of skunks that goes through my yard every night on their way from here to there. And they do it up wind of my bedroom window, peeeyoooouuuiiiii. But the corn is find (qute good, actually :)

Reply to
Matthew Reed