Cool enough to sow grass

Hi All,

When is it cool enough in the fall to sow grass? I am here in NC and it is still in the upper 80's and lower 90's. I know that fall has not officially arrived, but it's just a few days away. The type of grassing I will be sowing is tall fescue.

thanks,

Barry Andrews

I also live in NC, and usually seed around the 1st week of October, after core-aerating the ground. You will have to remember to water frequently, as this is one of the the dry times of year.

Reply to
fran