~Converting 32:1 to 50:1 mixture question

I have some fuel with a 32:1 mixture from my Toro mower left. My snow blower uses a 50:1 mixture. If I measure the quantity of the leftover gas/oil mixture, is there a simple way of determining how much 2 cycle oil to add to it to change it to a 50:1 mixture? Yes, I know I can run the snow blower on a 32:1 mixture, but it is an old Jacobsen "Snowburst" that's hard enough to start without changing the flash point of the fuel.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

____Reply Separator_____ CORRECTION!!! I meant to say.......how much gasoline to add to it to convert it to a 50:1 mixture?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

g'day tom,

32:1 ratio has more oil in it than 50:1, at least that's how i know it. don't how much of the 32:1 fuel you have that you want to use but there isn't a lot of difference between the 2 ratio's especially when the machine you want to use it in takes the 50:1 mix. i would use the fuel as it is our snow blower may blow a little more smoke and the plug may foul a little sooner but all in all that's about all that should happen. if you have any doubts run it in your 4 stroke machines if you have any or just tip it into the cars tank where the fuel capacity is such that the oil won't be noticed.

the oil in the fuel shouldn't make the machine any harder to start, that will be another issue ie.,. the fuel could be stale?

for me i don't store pre-mixed 2 cycle fuels i store straight petrol and make my 2 stroke mixes went i need them.

seasons greetings

len

snipped

Reply to
len gardener

Well, lets say you have 33 ounces of this mix. 32 ounces will be gas, and one ounce will be oil. You would need to add 18 ounces of gas to the mix. You would then have 51 ounces, with 50 ounces being gas, and one being oil.

So unless you want science lab precision, adding a pint of gas for every quart of the existing mix should get you close enough.

Reply to
Warren

Divide the amount of mix you have by 33. Multiply this amount by 18. Add the resulting amount as gas.

... lets say you have ~ 16.5oz of mix...

16.5 / 33 = .5 .5 * 18 = 9 9oz gas + 16.5mix = 25.5 oz mix (or 51 * .5 )
Reply to
D Kat

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m18.aol.com:

Anybody who needs the answer to this and has ever complained to a math teacher "But I'll never need to know any of this in real life" will receive fifty lashes with a wet noodle.

Reply to
Salty Thumb