Container tomato recommendation for Indiana

I need a tomato recommendation for a contain or two on a deck. Nearly full sun, space is not a problem. Thanks in advance. Mark

Reply to
mfitch

Any type should be fine. I grow all different kinds in containers. As long as the container(s) are big enough you can grow anything in them.

Reply to
Tom Randy

What's the minimum size one could grow tomatoes in?

Reply to
Jean B.

I'd say about a foot wide by a foot deep is minimum.I usually go slightly bigger, say 2 foot by 2 foot.

I also grow them in a 4 foot long by 1 foot high and 1 foot deep window box next to my back patio.

Just remember, containerized plants need to be checked more freqently for watering/fertilizing needs.

Reply to
Tom Randy