Container Citrus Trees

I was looking for some advice on growing citrus trees in door's any advice on lighting and feeding would greatly be appreciated. All so can you grow them hydroponically. Thanks Rich.

No advice, but a relative of mine successfully grew a grapefruit tree indoors. It lived in a living room corner, exposed to South and East windows. She gave it Miracle Gro according to instructions. The tree became huge - much like a Ficus benjamina, but nicer leaves. And, it didn't seem to suffer during the shorter days of winter (Rochester NY).

they need lots of light, reasonable humidity (i spray my key lime tree almost daily with water), and you should feed them a citrus specific food. when you get blooms, you'll need to pollinate by hand (or by q-tip), unless you have a lot of bees inside your house. :-)
my lime tree blooms often, and i get tens of tiny limes that fall off within a week or so. i currently have my first full sized lime (i've had the tree for about 9 months), and i'm just waiting for it to ripen. i intend to celebrate by sacrificing it to the Tequila gods.
i love having the lime tree indoors, it smells heavenly, especially when it's in bloom. feeding every three months is recommended to increase the blooms.
-kelly
I'm growing key limes too. Mine are all under 6" tall. How big did your tree get when it started blooming? What brand of plant food are you using? Thank you in advance for the answers. :)

my tree is only about 5" tall, and it's been blooming since i bought it. i use Whitney Farms "Citrus, Avocado and Vine Food", about every three months. the box says to fertilize twice a year, but i think that's specific to outdoor plants. i just sprinkle the food on the surface of the soil, then mix it in with water using my hands.
good luck with your lime tree!
-kelly
If you want acidic citrus, like the lemon, there are several little-known species that will grow outdoors in cold areas. I think they'll go down to around 10 F (USDA 7). Here's some more info: http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible3.html#CitrusHardy