Connecting garden statuary PVC

I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter and an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

Hardware stores sell a variety of sizes of flexible tubing. Just get the size that snugly fits over your tubing and fasten it with a hose clamp. The clamps will be sold in close proximity to the tubing in the plumbing department.
there are connections with "barbs" so that nearly any size can slip over it and clamp with a hose clamp. they are usually dark gray color. Ingrid

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I always use a hose clamp with barbed fittings.

Your not alone in using hose clamps on barbed fittings. Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.
oh yeah, me too. especially any kinda pressure it will blow. Ingrid

I would look for either a cement-on "barb" fitting that fits the tubing you want to use or a cement-on threaded fitting and threaded barb that will fit into that. There is a seemingly endless number of permutations available in the fitting section of the local Borg and sometimes that huge number becomes baffling but with a bit of patience it is usually possible to figure out some combination that will do what you need.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

yes. I just bought one for my hose-to-drip-irrigation connection. go to an irrigation store, they will give you one.

Are you working with full supply pressure or from a small circulating pump?
I have found that for my pond filtration plumbing system, just sticking the pipes/tubing together without cementing them or glue works just fine, and is a lot easier to take apart when the urge arises. Watch it, of course, and if leaks start, adjust accordingly.
--

- Charles
-