Connecting garden statuary PVC

I have a statue that is piped with PVC. The PVC is 1/2" inside diameter and an outside diameter of 5/8". What is the best way to connect the PVC to plastic tubing? Is there a special connector required?

Reply to
Dave

Hardware stores sell a variety of sizes of flexible tubing. Just get the size that snugly fits over your tubing and fasten it with a hose clamp. The clamps will be sold in close proximity to the tubing in the plumbing department.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I would look for either a cement-on "barb" fitting that fits the tubing you want to use or a cement-on threaded fitting and threaded barb that will fit into that. There is a seemingly endless number of permutations available in the fitting section of the local Borg and sometimes that huge number becomes baffling but with a bit of patience it is usually possible to figure out some combination that will do what you need.

Reply to
John McGaw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

yes. I just bought one for my hose-to-drip-irrigation connection. go to an irrigation store, they will give you one.

Reply to
simy1

Are you working with full supply pressure or from a small circulating pump?

I have found that for my pond filtration plumbing system, just sticking the pipes/tubing together without cementing them or glue works just fine, and is a lot easier to take apart when the urge arises. Watch it, of course, and if leaks start, adjust accordingly.

Reply to
Charles

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I always use a hose clamp with barbed fittings.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Your not alone in using hose clamps on barbed fittings. Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy