Conifers

Im helping out a friend by trimming 6 foot off his conifer hedge, last time i did this i used a band saw but found it to be slow and laborious, can anyone reccomend an easier way of doing this, thanks

Reply to
newyork101

A band saw? How in holy hell did you use a band saw to trim a hedge? Both are, uhm, unwieldy, not to mention heavy....

Try a hedge trimmer next time.

Cheryl Isaak

To trim off 6 feet? I guess maybe if the branches are small enough.

But generally I've trimmed hedges with a hand saw, and it indeed is slow and laborious.

I don't know if something like this:

?code=RL-3560would be easier.

Also,

says "Evergreen hedges such as juniper and cypress should never be trimmed below the foliage or they won't grow back. Clip only a few inches from the previous year's growth." I think there might be a happy medium between "a few inches" and "below the foliage" but anyway, I thought I should pass along this advice.

Reply to
Jim Kingdon

Consider replying with correction. A band saw is mounted in a platform. It is not mobile in any fashion. Consider rough cut with a chainsaw if needed. Dave

Reply to
Dave

this:

and/or
> would be easier.

Thanks for the advice

Reply to
newyork101

Yeah, i meant a bow saw, haha, cheers for the advice

Reply to
newyork101