Cones from white pines?

Seemed like I was always hitting cones with a mower. This year I was looking for cones and not one to be found. I know that white pines lose 1/3 of their needles every year. Is there also a year when they don't produce cones?

Marilyn in Ohio

Reply to
Allview

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Allview) expounded:

Last year my yard was littered with pinecones and acorns. This year nary a one, hardly! Trees have off years for production, I guess this is the year.

Reply to
Ann

Most trees have some periodicity to seed production, and part of this is genetic, part is energetic, part is a function of individual maturity and part is environmentally derived. In short, we expect to see fairly dramatic heterogeneity year-to-year in seed production in most species. Just the way the forest works...

Reply to
Mike LaMana

Because liberals are born losers and just don't realize it.

Reply to
Ross Klein