Cones from white pines?

Seemed like I was always hitting cones with a mower. This year I was looking for cones and not one to be found. I know that white pines lose 1/3 of their needles every year. Is there also a year when they don't produce cones?
Marilyn in Ohio
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Allview) expounded:

Last year my yard was littered with pinecones and acorns. This year nary a one, hardly! Trees have off years for production, I guess this is the year.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

looking
their
Because liberals are born losers and just don't realize it.