Concrete wall/fence?

I am located in Miami Florida and I need to build a privacy fence in the back and side yard along the property line. I looked at wood fences, PVC fences and chain linked fence and I really would like a wall (concrete block stucco) if I can afford one. I imagine the wall would be about 5 to 6 feet tall and will need a footing. The back property line is about 110' long and the side property line about 75' long so a total 185' in length.
I started to look for fence contractors and to my amazement I cannot find a single contractor that will do walls, most will just do PVC, wood or chain linked, well may be walls and fences are two different animals so I looked for concrete contractors and they don't do privacy walls either. I am unable to find a single concrete contractor in my area that will do this, let alone give me an idea what the cost may be (per linear foot for example). Does anyone know a contact in south Florida or may be I was looking under the wrong category?
Thanks in advance,
MC

You might talk to your local city or county building permit people, ask them who they have issued permits to lately.
I put 'concrete block fence+Miami in my search engine and came up with over a dozen people in your area who do concrete block and stucco fencing, free estimates too.
Val

masons "do" concrete block, but I think a poured concrete fence would be cheaper and stronger. people who pour swimming pools down in Fla might be the right people at the right price. Ingrid

Ouch...just had one company gave me a quote. For 175 linear feet of concrete wall at 5' in height they quoted me $40,000.00. This is definitely a lot more than I expected. So I would need to find another way to do this.

as an alternative have you considered a hedge. It takes more work but can be nice.
rob
MiamiCuse wrote:

blocks. Should be in the phone book.
George
Does anyone know a contact in south Florida or may be I was

I am in Broward. There is a home in my neighborhood that is having a concrete wall installed right now. When I go by there in the next couple of days I will note the name of the contractor for you and report back.
--
Toni
South Florida USA

Thanks! The property is in North Miami so very close to Broward. Much appreciated!
MC

Hi Toni did you ever get a chance to get the contractor's information? I got a quote from a large company who quoted me $40,000 to construct the 175 linear feet of concrete wall at 5' in height. But that seems kind of high, they said they need to do soil borings to ensure there is no coral rock and hire geotechnical engineers to analyze the soil and architect engineers to design the footings etc...so they add up. If it is that expensive I will not be able to construct a wall...but I will be curious what the quote would be for a smaller and more personable company.
Thanks,
MC

looks like they are more interested in boring your wallet by those prices.
rob

No. The work is stalled what looks to be halfway through and the house is vacant- I'll go by again today and see if I can rouse anyone.
--
Toni
South Florida USA