Composting toilets

Page 2 of 2

Oops, sorry, that's Portland-speak. Powells is a very large independent bookstore with new and used titles shelved together, so you get to see quite a range on the subject. The main store is such a maze (and several floors) that they give you a map of the store: http://www.powells.com/info/citytour.html
Powell's Technical Books is a smaller store a few blocks from the main store where the largest concentrations are computer books, engineering, math, physics, construction, and hard-core academic sciences. Yesterday was Fup's birthday (the retired store cat, who is reputed to have gained much knowledge just by sleeping on the shelves). http://www.powells.com/info/places/technicalinfo.html
Then there's the Hawthorne store, concentration on home and gardens: http://www.powells.com/info/places/homeandgardeninfo.html
And a couple of satellite stores in the 'burbs and and at the airport.
Good stuff. Pretty good company. I'd sooner buy books from them than most of the discounters, even if I am paying a bit more. I think that quite a few of us use Powell's as a backup library... if it's not on the shelf at the local library, there's a fair chance you can find it at Powell's right now. <g> Oh, and as a lagniappe: a book I spotted on the shelves yesterday, with some really interesting stuff, including some sanitation: http://www.architectureforhumanity.org/designlikeyougiveadamn /
Kay

Had to look that up.. what an interesting word thankyou. Has anyonme else noticed that when they hear a new word for the first time, nine times out of ten it turns up again a day or so later?
Janet (Scotland)

Thought about something else... what does it cost to plumb a bathroom? Pipe ain't cheap, either, and plumbers are downright pricey...
Kay
g'day eigenvector,
we sued a composting toilet when we lived in rural, they are the greatest product out and if fitted to all homes would save lots of water resources in our drought ridden towns.
the one we used was natur-loo (you will be able to google a link to their site), even if you can't get it over there it will give you a look at waht is a very simple versatile system, with very minimal mechanical application involved (if you have good wind where you are then there is no need for the electric driven vent fans).
we ran ours as dry system meaning all but incidental urines was kept out of the system (that is better used fresh onto food trees or gardens), we were very pleased.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:41:15 -0700, "Eigenvector"
snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /