composting question

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I just cleared my pond of scum or algae over growth. I raked it up and got quite a good sized pile. The question I have is would this stuff be good to put in my compost bin? Thanks for your opinions.
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4181 (20090623) __________
http://www.eset.com

Tis Gold.
Bill and in time it all rots.
Reading stuff if inclined I tend to just aerate and move it about.
<http://compost.css.cornell.edu/market-label/guidelines/organizations.htm

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."

Algae is a plant. Nearly all plants can be added to the compost. I add about 2 cubic yards of elodea from my pond to a composting bin every month. The algae in my pond gets eaten by tadpoles and goldfish.
Dave wrote:

Yes, mix it in with high carbon material in layers.
David