Composting for Carex Testacea

Hi.
I am about to plant a mature carex testacea and wondering what kind of compost is best. I have John Innes No3 mature plant compost and farm manure. Could you tell me which would be better for this plant? The label says it likes acidic soil.
Also, do carex testaceas like a lot of fertilizer?
Thanks.
--
jineu21