composter base concrete or dirt?

I bought this soil saver composter.. it's basically 4 sides with a lid, you can see the ground. The instructions says place it on "earth". But can I place on the concrete? Does it make much difference?

Choosing between a soil area vs concrete, the concrete is out of the way, and it gets way more sun. The soil area is about 5 ft from my bedroom window.

Reply to
jj3000

Jeremy, it depends on where you live.

In the arid country I find myself in - I dig about 8 to 10 inches down in ground and keep the compost pile in the shade.

I'd only be making compost in the sun on concrete in a place like Seattle.

Steve

Reply to
ontheshoot

Having the compost on the dirt ground allows worms and microbs to enter the compost pile. If it is placed on concrete or inside a container, add some soil.

Reply to
Phisherman