COMPOST QUESTION???

This Spring I bought me a Compost Tumbler. I have just finished the first batch and it looks real good (dark) and smells great.
I have tilled the compost into the ground in a small spot in my garden, and it sure changed the texture and looks of the soil. I have planted several different plants (tomato, pepper and etc.) to see what they will do.
QUESTION: Do I need to use some plant food or commercial fertilizer as well as the compost, or is the compost sufficient. I have been using commercial fertilizer and the soil is just fair.
Thank you for your response- -O'boy!

You'll get larger plants and a better yield using fertilizers. Follow the label directions. If possible, there is an advantage to apply the fertilizer, till it in, then plant.
Although compost contains some nutrients, it's mainly a soil conditioner.
_________________ John Henry Wheeler Washington, DC USDA Zone 7

A soil test will give you a good start on deciding what, if any, type of fertilizer or treatment you need. Gardening takes a lot out of the soil and your subsequent plantings will do better if you replace what has gone. Also, you will want to study up on what the various nutrients do; some give you very nice foliage at the expense of good fruit or vegetables.