Compost pile: Do in town?

I live in small duplex in small town
Can I do a small compost pile that is CLEAN and easy?
Advice on what compost unit to buy?

You certainly can compost in town! I live downtown in a fairly large city and have no troubles at all with my two composters. I have a large, square Rubbermaid one and another made of black plastic. Both work well for me. There are many different designs so some research should give you an idea which would be suitable for your area.
Jacqui

In a lot of cities, the public works department, or the garbage company will sell you a compost bin for about $20-$30 Just toss stuff in there every few weeks, and be happy. Or you can order one through almost any website, ebay, etc.
easy: http://www.nyccompost.org/how/backyard.html
buy: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&q=compost%20bin