Compost ignites

"TUPPER LAKE - A fire destroyed a home at 15 East Rounds Ave. Saturday morning after a compost pile spontaneously combusted."
House photo:
<http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/537577.html
On 6/25/2013 11:23 AM, Oren wrote:

Compost fires around here all the time with mushroom houses and compost operations that feed them.
Frank wrote:

Few years ago, condo block burned down in the spring. Empty flower pot containing peatmoss on the balcony was the cause.

Wow. How big was that pot?

How much peat was in the pot?

Peat didn't have a pot to pee in. Otherwise he could have put the fire out.
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 04:06:02 +0000, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Funny you mention peeing into the compost pile.
With all this talk about dripping hose nozzles, I decided to test my theory of the four reasons women *think* miss the toilet ... so ... I peed on the relocated compost pile for the past couple of days ...
(The wife, for some strange reason, is using my "old" compost pile to grow stuff - so I have been relegated to the barren wastelands.)

Lo and behold, everywhere I peed on the new (much more barren) compost pile, bees flocked.

It's strange, as there isn't a flower petal within 100 feet!
Yet - strangely - the bees are rooting about as if there is sweet nectar hidden in them thar hills:

I wonder what bees like about wet organic compost?

My first question would be could you be diabetic and spilling a lot of sugar into your urine?
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:11:31 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Interesting. Very interesting. I hadn't thought of that. Certainly, I provided supporting evidence for the garden-hose nozzle theory (aka "why women errantly think men can't aim"), but I hadn't thought about the sugars.
My original hypothesis was that they're attracted to the smell of urea, which, I had blindly assumed, was similar to some flowers they must really like as the one spot in a barren plot that has urine attracts bees by the beehive!
That's a thought. He could fill hummingbird feeders? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .