Compost

I'm new to gardenig and have a question about compost that I've been using for containers.
I bought it at the end of last summer and it's been stored in my shed but thanks to a leak it's got really wet - kind of a mud consistancy.
Can I still use it?? I want to pot up some herbs and also some bluberry plants.
--
lilymacs

lilymacs wrote:

yes

If you can let it dry out, it will work better. Working wet soil or compost ruins the structure. Compost is great no matter what*, but it will work better if it is dry.
Chris
*Most of what you buy is at least 30% non-compost, like peat moss. Look at the labels.
Muck does not make a good potting soil by itself. You need to add something coarse so that air and water can move through the media. Maybe as much as 1/3 pearlite or bark mulch mixed in would do the trick.