Colorado Blue Spruce Growth Season

Hello,
I wonder how many growth seasons are there for the Colorado Blue, and the length of each growing period ?
I am asking this to understand the feeding frequency and amount to apply to the trees. My spruce trees range from 3 feet to 6 feet tall.
It's only July 4th, and it seems like the new stem of this year has stopped growing? I also see new buds forming -- will these new buds grow later this year, or it will wait till next spring ? I am living in Ohio state, maybe zone 5.
Thanks for your effort and time!
TheGreatWarrior wrote:

It doesn't matter because you don't need to fertilize your trees.

USDA Zone 8