coleus seem to have died

I had some very pretty coleus plants which I took out of my garden last fall and kept them in my livingroom over winter. They got big - about 18" tall, and really looked nice. I took several clippings and rooted them all in water. Last week, I transplanted them all back into my garden and all the small ones I rooted in water are doing fine, but all of the big ones' leaves drooped overnight and the big plants now look as though they are all dropping dead.

Any ideas what might have happened? The temperatures haven't gone below about fifty (10 celsius) at night so they didn't get frostbite.

Reply to
Jimmy-Bob

It may be a coincidence but I've never had coleus live longer than 18 months. I always take cuttings to root when they reach a large size and start over with them. I think they have a lifespan on their own roots as do marigolds and other annuals.

Reply to
Mindful

Reply to
Ornata