Coleus anyone?

I had them growing outdoors this summer and they were great. I made cuttings and repotted them into smaller pots. Problem is, even inside they grow fast..and I expect them to be inside till mid april anyway. How can i keep and contain them?Someone said to let them grow flower spikes and that would contain them. Is this true? If it is, than what happens to the plant itself during the next few months?

Reply to
Wishy13764

Keep cutting them back to keep them from getting leggy. Around February or March, start some new cuttings. In my experience, the plants get pretty tired looking after a couple of years, so cuttings are the way to go.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

It is best not to let them flower (this saps their energy). Here's what I do... Take 8-10 cuttings of each type and grow them in water until February. At that time I will either pot them up or take cuttings again and root them in vermiculite which produces a strong root system. Keep them bright light as possible during the winter months. I do the same with Wandering Jew, another prolific annual.

Reply to
Phisherman

Agreed! I LOVE coleus!

Reply to