Coleus and seeding

I noticed some coleus in a hospital flower bed in the late summer last year and they weren't seeding and I couldn't see signs of trimming. Are there varieties that don't need as much dead heading, and what should I ask for?

Reply to
Hal

This is not dogma, but in many public gardens or commercial gardens, plants are swapped out several times during the growing season. I have not grown any coleus which didn't require pinching the flowers. However, I found the dark foliaged coleus in the Wizard series to be less of a problem. On the other hand, in the south, these bolt rapidly. So, there is no hard true answer. There is a very deep cultivar called 'Magma' and it may be in the Molten Lava series, but I don't exactly remember.

Reply to
escapee

Thanks, Hal

Reply to