Cold damaged tomatoes - Fatal??

Hi, gardeners.

Last week I transplanted tomatoes. Shortly after that, the night temp dropped (to low to mid 40's, I believe) and several of the tranplants appear to have suffered cold damage.

My question: How can I determine if the damage is bad enough so that I should replace the plants?

Thanks, in advance, for help.

Reply to
Auntie

Not to worry if temps didn't go down to freezing or below. Remember freezing is still 32 degrees F.

What are you calling cold damage? It might actually be sunburn.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Thanks for the speedy reply.

The affected leaves have greyish, papery-looking splotchy areas, now -- a couple of days after the cold nights. Previously, immediately after the cold snap, I had noticed that some of edges of some leaves looked a bit darkish green and wilted.

Reply to
Auntie