coconut palm care

I recently purchased a coconut palm tree and i'm keeping it inside. The care card that came w/ it is a bit worn so i can't see how to take care of it. I've been reading online about how much to water it, and it appears that you don't water it a whole lot. I believe i have overwatered it because the soil was very wet for a while, like it wasn't drinking the water. Since then i've stopped watering it and let the soil dry out a bit. However, the leaves have started to turn brown. Is there anything i can do to save it? I placed it in the warmest room in my apartment far from a large window, so it gets the light from it, but not the cold. i also read that they like nutrients once a month. Is this a bad idea while i try to recover my palm?
Thanks!

That tree needs more sun- ambient room light is never going to be enough. That and keeping the humidity up are your priorities IMO.
-- Toni South Florida USA Zone 10b http://ww.cearbhaill.com

Hi matt the troll.

USDA Zone 8