Cobcord Grape arbor

FamilyNet International Newsgate

Ten years ago I planted several cuttings from a family homestead arbor that has developed into a fine 8 by 10 foot arbor that produced fine bunchs of fruit several years ago; but the past three or four years have beeb dissappointing to say the least.

Last fall I followed some other advice to cut the branchs back very heavily to foster more fruiting has been a dissappoinment. I have been fertilizing with Peter's all purpase water soluble plant food that works quite well for our tomato plants, in pots or the ground. It is comprized of 20% portions of nitrogen, phosphates and soluble potash.

I have known this varity of concords to be good fruit producers for over 80 years. How can I encourage them to produce more please;

Stay young, OldAck

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN

If you do not desire imposing extra injury to your tree or vine- I highly suggest reading this book. And do not use wound dressing. Once you have read it you will be able to answer your own question.

also would be wise to offer the tree other treatments that address their requirements. This book would help someone understand many treatments.

John A. Keslick, Jr. Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!

fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.

Reply to
John A. Keslick, Jr.