Cobcord Grape arbor

FamilyNet International Newsgate
Ten years ago I planted several cuttings from a family homestead arbor that has developed into a fine 8 by 10 foot arbor that produced fine bunchs of fruit several years ago; but the past three or four years have beeb dissappointing to say the least.
Last fall I followed some other advice to cut the branchs back very heavily to foster more fruiting has been a dissappoinment. I have been fertilizing with Peter's all purpase water soluble plant food that works quite well for our tomato plants, in pots or the ground. It is comprized of 20% portions of nitrogen, phosphates and soluble potash.
I have known this varity of concords to be good fruit producers for over 80 years. How can I encourage them to produce more please;
Stay young, OldAck
--
SLMR 2.1a Jury=12 persons chosen to decide who has a better lawyer.

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail
If you do not desire imposing extra injury to your tree or vine- I highly suggest reading this book. And do not use wound dressing. Once you have read it you will be able to answer your own question. http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/TPRUNING.html
You also would be wise to offer the tree other treatments that address their requirements. This book would help someone understand many treatments. http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/MARBOR.html
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr. Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY! www.treedictionary.com
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman / Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.