clogged drainpipes!!! :o(

My drainpipes and gutters are forever getting clogged with leaves an

moss etc, anyone got any helpful, hassle-free hints to stop thi happening!????

I've heard about drainpipe filters,

are they an good?

Cheers :o

-- billiebobuk

Reply to
billiebobuk

Never saw that one before so can't swear it will or won't work. Odds are good you will still get the clog and now water will be diverted at all. Best way I've see is to have something at the top of the drainpipe to keep stuff from going down in it. Wire screening or something of that nature. Some companies in the USA sell a wire or plastic screen to cover the top of the rain gutter itself that pretty much stops clogging. Might be your best bet to look for something like that in the UK. HTH

George

Reply to
George Shirley

Oh I've always found those guards which stop any debris going down th

drainpipe to be more harm than good, as you are then forced to climb ladder to clear it yourself or pay to get someone to do it for you.

According to this

site, they say their produc eliminates the need to climb ladders, which according to governmen stats is dangerous work!

The product is called 'GutterMate', and it's deisgned to allow fo safe, easy and fast gutter cleaning, at groundlevel. The websit specifically says that the use of the balloon/bell shaped guards fitte as standard at the top of the drainpipe are incredibly detrimental.

Sounds quite good really, what do you think?

Sarah :o)

George Shirley;735194 Wrote:

-- billiebobuk

Reply to
billiebobuk

Most roofing, siding, gutter contractors will clean gutters for a nominal fee... there's a fellow in my area that cleans my gutters and downspout clogs for $30... at this point I don't need to be present... he stops before winter, on his way to or from his regular jobs, I mail his check. I haven't actually seen him now in three years. He does a nice clean job. I know he was there becaue he leaves a plastic garbage bag with all the stuff he cleans out... in my case mostly pine needles, small twigs and pine cones. I think it's much cheaper to have someone clean your gutters once or twice a year rather than mess with all sorts of rube goldberg screen devices, none of which actually work very well, many are costly and don't last very long.

Reply to
Sheldon