Clivia Sites?

Does anyone know of a really good propagation site for Clivias?
thanks in advance
chaz

You might try a websearch for Read's nursery in the UK; one of their specialities is clivias. If the information you want is not on their website, they are the kind of people who would help you by email.
Janet.
contains these words:

Thank you, i will check them out. I have googled all over the place but just havent seen a site that was all inclusive on Clivias.
Thanks for your response.
chaz
Hi chaz,
a couple of sites for you.
http://www.clivianet.org/CliviaCulture.html
Dr. Loukie Viljoen's tutorial on seedstarting in arid climates ( S Africa) is fascinating, well documented with pictures. Jim Shields is also represented in this collection of references. Technique, temperature, humidity, sterility ( avoiding molds ) are key. Extremely helpful!!!!
and
http://www.shieldsgardens.com/Clivia/index.html this would be the site of Jim Shields as above. Summer 2004 is here and new seed is coming on market.
I was a regular visitor to these sites last winter, successfully germinated 4 of 5 of my own hand pollinated seed in an old Maine Farmhouse using a clay pot, Farfard mix and a zip lock bag. For warmth, tucked the whole shebang in a closet with the Forced Hot Water Heat pipe chase.
Good luck!
Sue Western Maine
remove "mind" to reply ;-)
--