Climbing plant help

Hi

I have a gravelled area at the end of my garden which provides parking for my weekend car. It has a pergola and trellis around it. I currently have two roses climbing one side of it but another side I want something else that once its grown creates a visual barrier.

So these are my requirements - Evergreen Not harmful/poisonous to my cats Grow in clay soil Area gets full sun until midday and then partial shade for the rest of the afternoon.

It doesn't need to flower although I guess that would be nice!

Bex230

Euonymus fortunei seems a pretty good fit. It is available in many cultivars with variegation and colour variants to fit almost any taste. It has the benefits of being almost unkillable by even the most black-thumbed gardener and it is easily propagated from cuttings but it has the disadvantage that it can become invasive in the wild as it has in the eastern US where it can be found both climbing trees and forming mats on the ground.

Reply to
John McGaw