Clematis question

This is the first one I've had and it has been covered with dozens of blooms. I don't know the name of it but the flowers are a deep lavender color. Do I need to deadhead it ?
Thanks, Gloria...zone 7...NE Alabama

Not necessary and the seedheads are often quite attractive. Deadheading a clematis will not encourage (or discourage, for that matter) further blooming.
pam - gardengal

Thanks Pam, I'm glad it's OK to keeop the seedheads, they are very pretty too.
Gloria
no, if you deadhead them you won't have those neat fuzzy seedheads that remain on the vines long after the flowers are spent. And it sounds like Jackmanii you have, which was the one that burst open when you and yer hubby came by last week......... madgardener with massive tip damage to my shrubs and trees due to all those 17 year cicada's now, and it's not over yet