Clematis

Anybody from Texas? Does Clematis do well around here (East Texas..our soil is red sand)? I want to put some on the ground around our very ugly old timey satellite dish that the previous owners left here...and let it grow up the dish and cover it:) How many plants do you think I'd need to get it going good?
Thanks! Angie
says... :) Anybody from Texas? Does Clematis do well around here (East Texas..our soil :) is red sand)? I want to put some on the ground around our very ugly old :) timey satellite dish that the previous owners left here...and let it grow up :) the dish and cover it:) How many plants do you think I'd need to get it :) going good? :) :) Thanks! :) Angie Angie, I don't think Clematis is what you would want. It's sort of a thin, dainty looking vine. Don't think it would make a good curtain.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
Plant some confederate jasmine. Its an evergreen in your area and does nicely at covering up things like that
wrote:

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies! Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com /) she has NOT retired from helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS
opined:

Clematis does very well in Texas. I don't live in E. Texas, but they do well in this area of s.central. My C.terniflora stays evergreen in most winters, and I have 'Jackmanii' and 'Edinburgh and I am looking fervently for C. pitcherii.

soil
up
You could try hops.