Clay pots

I broke a part of my clay pot out. Does anyone know how to fix it or patch it? thank you

A non-water-soluable glue will hold it together; I think Liquid Nails is non-water-soluable but check the labels of what's available. But when I broke an oddly shaped terra cotta pot I liked, I put it back together with a bead of silicon, then I painted the crack with gold paint to highlight rather than try to hide the crack, & it looked cooler than before it got broke.
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
I use a clear silicone caulk.
-- David J. Bockman, Fairfax, VA (USDA Hardiness Zone 7) email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

You can buy a variety of multipurpose glues that are specificly rated for ceramic-to-ceramic contact. Some of them are not fun to breathe when curing (meaning coughing up a lung not fun, not just ew stinky not fun). Liquid Nails (TM) makes a line of glues (www.perfectglue.com to select the appropriate product). I don't know if paghat was thinking of that or their construction adhesive.
You could also probably put a fiberglass patch on/under it. You may need additional glue if the fiberglass epoxy doesn't stick.