Clay pots

I broke a part of my clay pot out. Does anyone know how to fix it or patch it? thank you

Reply to
Romy Beeck

A non-water-soluable glue will hold it together; I think Liquid Nails is non-water-soluable but check the labels of what's available. But when I broke an oddly shaped terra cotta pot I liked, I put it back together with a bead of silicon, then I painted the crack with gold paint to highlight rather than try to hide the crack, & it looked cooler than before it got broke.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

I use a clear silicone caulk.

Reply to
David J Bockman

"Romy Beeck" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

You can buy a variety of multipurpose glues that are specificly rated for ceramic-to-ceramic contact. Some of them are not fun to breathe when curing (meaning coughing up a lung not fun, not just ew stinky not fun). Liquid Nails (TM) makes a line of glues

to select the appropriate product). I don't know if paghat was thinking of that or their construction adhesive.

You could also probably put a fiberglass patch on/under it. You may need additional glue if the fiberglass epoxy doesn't stick.

Reply to
Salty Thumb