Citrus trees

I just moved to Florida and bought a lemon and grapefruit tree. Does anyone here know anything about a Sambo lemon? The only information I have is that it is a sweet lemon and is harvested in November and December. Also another question.........How far apart should citrus trees be planted? Thank you for any information you can give me. Hildur

Reply to
Hildur M. Hendricks

the main consideration for citrus trees is cross pollination....i have a few desireable cross's other not so...

i have an orange that cross's with my lemons..i get HUGE sweet lemons...

as for a Sambo lemon...not sure of the name...but as with all citrus...it is a winter harvest...it takes a good cold snap to get the sugars ready to ripen...i love watching all my trees turn ripe after that snap.. :)

Reply to
joe s

joe s wrote [in part]:

Actually, citrus needs no pollination at all, let alone cross pollination. Unpollinated citrus flowers will not only produce fruit, but (except for seedless varieties) the fruit will contain viable seeds.

Reply to
David Ross