Cinnamon fights damp-off?

I just read about using cinnamom being helpful in combating damp-off. Does anyone have experience with this method? My seedlings are about 1/4 inch high. One has succumbed to damp-off. Can I sprinkle cinnamon around the seedlings, right on top of the soil, even at this stage?
Cinnamon is a natural fungicide so it should help. When I overwater and get white mold in the seed tray it kills it off quick.
mm

You should get some vermiculite and put a think layer of it on top of the soil after the seeds germinate. It will preven the moisture from killing out the seedling. You can find it at a nursery and it is wonderful for what you need. Also works well out in the lawn. Give it a try and I am sure you will be happy as will your plants.
Thank you, mwhite. I hadn't heard of this solution to damp-off.
GSHATTERHAND wrote:

I've never used cinnamon against damp-off. Air circulation works great. Just put a fan in the room where your seedlings are so that the air moves over them. Damp-off needs a wet soil-air interface to grow, so keeping the air moving dries out the surface. When I put the fan in the room my damp-off problems dropped from 20-40% to less than 1%.
dps wrote:

Try fluorescents, about 4" above the seedlings. Haven't had dampoff since using them.
Thank you Father Haskell and dps. Very helpful suggestions.