Cider update - no stupidity

Billy and Charles et al
45 odd litres of 'Triumph of the Revolution" cider busily bubbling away in my laundry. Its turned a deep honey colour.
Rob

Sounds awfully messy ;O) Home it wasn't the laundry that gave it it's couloure(sp?)(aw, hell) color. You Kiwis are tough.
Good on ya though. Keep the art alive.
--
- Billy

the art is convincing the family & workmates to drink some.
rob

All you can do, George, is to model behavior (conspicuously drink in front of them), and point-out that at least you KNOW what's in, what you're drinking. I suppose they only eat fruit that comes in little Styrofoam boats, wrapped in plastic. Moreover, yeast suck up toxins, and heavy metals (cleans the cider if they are present). Additionally, no microbes harmful to humans can grow at a typical cider pH of 3.5 - 4.0. Maybe you could make friends and family feel better, if you wrapped your cider in plastic or cellophane to make it look store bought. Live and be healthy is the best revenge on their doubts.
--
- Billy
Disaster. My cider fermentation has slowed down dramatically. Rather than the airlock plopping away busily, it is slowed down now to an occasional plop.

Start a new batch immediately, gooo.

--
- Billy

Panic over. Today included
dickhead drivers noisy cars expensive phone calls the state of the hedge
continues...

I think it's reverse psychology. If you didn't offer some to anybody, they would get curious and want to try it, but if you keep pushing it at them, they'll just figure that it's no good, and you're trying to get rid of it. Just don't push too hard. ;O)
--
- Billy