Cider apple pulper photos

Farm1/FarmI/Farml
Pictures now posted http://picasaweb.google.com/112682495420856844376
I reckon even Charlie couldn't make it any cheaper

Cheap is expensive.... looks like there's about to be a big waste of apples.... more like you'll be producing apple compost. You can't make decent cider from puree. I've seen dozens of small family run apple cider operations, they all press apple chunks. And it really doesn't pay to micky mouse a small batch of cider at home, it's cheaper to buy a few gallons ready made. A lot of apples are required to produce a gallon of juice. Cider is an apple orchard by-product, it's one of the ways they use damaged fruit (drops). Market apples are pretty pricy nowadays, unless one has a source of essentially free drops it doesn't pay to make cider.
http://www.schuttsapplemill.com/cider2.html
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

Rob, I guess you know by now that this jack-ass always has a discouraging word to say. Screw him. With the apples already crushed, the juice has a shorter way to travel to escape the fruit. If any problem occur with pressing, some rice hulls would take care of it.
--
- Billy

It's like how when we squeeze your head and immediately out comes a crock of shit.
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

As charming as ever ;O)
--
- Billy

having made 3 batches using a kitchen whizz, ie pulped apples, this is no different - just far less labour intensive. The cider doesn't taste too bad once stored long enough (1 plus year). Once I get the carbonation correct, so that it nicely fizzes over some ice, I'll be entirely happy.
rob

And that's what it's really all about.
--
- Billy