Cicadas

I have holes appearing all over the place away from trees. I always thought cicadas laid their eggs in tree bark and the nymph climbs down and buries itself in the ground nearby ready to climb back up the tree. But I planted a mandarin tree recently away from other trees, it now has a cicada shell on it,the tree has not been there long enough for the first part of the cycle. I do not know if all the holes away from trees are cicadas or coincidence and are giant spiders that appear the same time as cicadas ???

Reply to
F Murtz

You might be surprised at how far the roots of a tree will reach--far beyond the extent of the canopy. A tree might even send a substantial root a very long way to reach a source of water or a rich pocket of soil.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

This is most common insect found in garden, it found for better grass in garern.

Reply to
thomaspoul