Chipper/Shredder for Farm

I have a 55 acre farm, part of which is timber. I'm looking for a reliable, sturdy, chipper/shredder that will rarely break down, and handle limbs at least 3 in. to make mulch and compost for the garden.

I hear that belt driven is better than direct drive, and electric starting is a good idea. I do not want to attach to PTO, but I want to be able to tow it behind my little RTV or truck around the farm to where the work is. If I could direct the output into the bed of my truck would be a plus.

Which brands and models would you suggest? I'm willing to pay the price for a good machine that is reliable, rather than several machines that break on me.

Also, do you know of any particular vendors where I could buy it online, or who also have brick and mortar stores in Oregon?

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
ggrosz

Why not just see what commercial arborists in your area use? I bet it's something like this one.

're not in your area, but i bet they use the same one up in your neck of the woods. Call them, see what brand/model they rent out.

Reply to
Snooze