Chionanthus virginicus - to pot or not to pot?

By all accounts this is a beautiful tree. Mine is just 3' high and making its first leaf buds just now. It's in a warm location (when the weather plays ball!) but its growth rate is frustrating and last year it was rather disappointing from what I can recall. Should I keep faith as I have just found a second plant based on and encouraged by what it CAN do. The second plant was as opportunist purchase as it is difficult to obtain here and I happened to spot one on my travels and snapped it up. (As you do)! The second plant is currently located in a large, sunny, double herbaceous border created this past winter but I am having second thoughts about leaving it in position or digging it up and putting in a pot. Any advice or en/dis-couragment on the matter?
Regards Mike Gilmore www.winsfordwalledgarden.freeserve.co.uk
expounded:

Mike, I have one too, and you're right, it's very slow. But it's so worth it in the end, I'm willing to have patience.

It's called sticky pot syndrome! <G>

I'd keep the faith....and put that second one somewhere else!
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA