Chionanthus virginicus - to pot or not to pot?

By all accounts this is a beautiful tree. Mine is just 3' high and making its first leaf buds just now. It's in a warm location (when the weather plays ball!) but its growth rate is frustrating and last year it was rather disappointing from what I can recall. Should I keep faith as I have just found a second plant based on and encouraged by what it CAN do. The second plant was as opportunist purchase as it is difficult to obtain here and I happened to spot one on my travels and snapped it up. (As you do)! The second plant is currently located in a large, sunny, double herbaceous border created this past winter but I am having second thoughts about leaving it in position or digging it up and putting in a pot. Any advice or en/dis-couragment on the matter?

Regards Mike Gilmore

Mike Gilmore

"Mike Gilmore" expounded:

Mike, I have one too, and you're right, it's very slow. But it's so worth it in the end, I'm willing to have patience.

It's called sticky pot syndrome!

I'd keep the faith....and put that second one somewhere else!

Reply to
Ann