Chili Peppers

hey,
i have some Bhut Jolokia seeds sitting at home which i forgot about. If i start germinating them now (16 June) and keep them in a greenhouse will they die before they fruit? + i live in London.
Thx :)
--
Danzo

Danzo wrote:

What will be the temperature in your greenhouse at 6am in 5 months time?
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:

id imagine itll be only 3,4 degrees warmer than the outside temp. unless i invest in heating...
--
Danzo

Danzo wrote:

That doesn't help since I have no good idea what the outside temperature is likely to be.
I am guessing the greenhouse is going to turn your miserable excuse for a summer into something like hot enough for chillis for the next couple of months at most provided it has a good aspect. After that it will be dipping into single figures degrees C most nights and not breaking 20c daily. Chillis like a long hot growing season not a short cold one. I don't like your chances of getting these plants to maturity. But if I had some facts about your climate I might be more certain.
David

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?sg730&refer=&cityname=London-England-United-Kingdom
Danzo;926981 Wrote: > hey,

> i start germinating them now (16 June) and keep them in a greenhouse > will they die before they fruit? + i live in London.

Hi, I live in Yorkshire and I'm growing Cayenne chillies. I've got two planted out in the garden and 3 in a greenhouse. The greenhouse pots are doing well, growing nice and tall (need to re-pot/plant them very soon :s) and my two outdoors are growing a little slower. They haven't flowered yet either but fingers crossed the greenhouse will work a little magic!
QueenAnkh
--
QueenAnkh