chile watering

I have been watering my chile plants once a week and my herbs daily. I am concerned that watering the chiles more will make them milder. Is this correct or does it just matter how hot the air temp is? Both the herbs and the chiles seem to be doing fine.

Reply to
majcrash

My impression is chili plants like most herbs, like to grow in dry soil without any fertilizer. In past years I have just put the plants in and watered them initially and pressed the soil to squeeze out any air. They produced plenty of jalapeno and habenero peppers, more than I can eat. But, note that they a long-season plants so you have to get them started early.

Reply to
Stubby