Cherry tree...

This is my first summer in my new home.

In my garden, is a magnificent cherry tree. I've watched a full display of blossom........but no cherries are being produced!

I'm wondering why this would be......

Reply to
squaredog

First determine if the tree is a fruiting cherry or just the ornamental flowering sort. Ask the previous owner.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Among stone fruits (cherry, peach, plum, apricot), the trees with the nicest show of flowers are ornamental and have no fruit. But there are a few peach varieties that are both ornamental and fruiting.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Some species are ornamental and don't fruit.

Some fruiting species need to be pollinated, so you need another tree in the neighborhood, and some bees. Around here bees seem to be in short supply, but enough showed up in my yard to do the job.

We just finished harvesting both our sweet and sour cherries; had a good crop. But after pitting them my hands are stained red.

Reply to
Notat Home