cherry tomato's with thick skin

Is this a function of my growing, or the type of tomato? They were grape tomato's and the skin made them not very good for salads. If it was the growing, what could I have done different?

Reply to
Andy MPLS 44:59:56 N - 93:19:3

I have no idea, really, but have you had hot days, cool nights? Did they taste really sweet despite the skin?

Reply to
de Fragile Warrior Sports Supp

Grape and cherry are two (different) general categories of tomatoes. Each category includes multiple varieties with different characteristics. What variety of either cherry (as your subject line says) or grape (as the body of the message says) did you plant?

Reply to
Warren

I wish I could tell you the variety, the pot tag is long gone. We didn't have a lot of hot weather this year, and the spring was inordinately rainy and cool as I recall. They weren't paticularily sweet no, and the skin was really thick.

Reply to
Andy MPLS 44:59:56 N - 93:19:3