chemical Miracle Gro versus organic BetterWorld Plant Food.

Hi all,

I'm new to your site. I just wanted to add that I'm doing a very basic growth test of MiracleGro as compared to an organic plant food called Better World Plant Food. I've been blogging about my results here:

'The Great Plant Food Challenge: chemical MiracleGro versus organic Better World Plant Food'

And I'll add my posts to this site as well, as soon as I familiarize myself with it.

Thank you.

Reply to
The Lazy Garden

Interesting idea. Is there somewhere you give more information such as:

- what soil or other growing medium you started with

- what is in the two products

- how much of each product you used and how often.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Subject line makes that obvious.

You bored, David? You country types get so lonely you'll even talk to Jehovah Witnesses. Enough of the "consciously challenged" arrive at our shores without you trying to talk them up out of the surf. The locals here still rue the day that they let the weirdoes up past the high water mark. Or, were you going to entice it in, and then club the little beastie, and be done with it? Shall I put on some water to heat?

Fertilizer in a box? Quel imbécile!

"To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves." - Mahatma Gandhi

Reply to
Billy

Billy, me thinks you best take your medicine now.....

You bored, David? You country types get so lonely you'll even talk to Jehovah Witnesses. Enough of the "consciously challenged" arrive at our shores without you trying to talk them up out of the surf. The locals here still rue the day that they let the weirdoes up past the high water mark. Or, were you going to entice it in, and then club the little beastie, and be done with it? Shall I put on some water to heat?

Fertilizer in a box? Quel imbécile!

"To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves." - Mahatma Gandhi

Reply to
James

Ay, lad, I need all my strength for the hard day's work I have in front of me, but I can't find the fookin' bottle opener. How can a man become bellicose without his pint? It frees the body from the tyranny of the mind, don'cha know.

Methinks that you may wish the boon yourself, after your orthographical faux pas with the word "methinks". Not from around here? Don't beat yourself up too much about it. I understood what you meant;O)

Today I'm off after butterfly plants, but I'll take my sack and club with me, just in case I, perchance, come upon a beastie.

Reply to
Billy

With this drought I doubt there will be many butterflies or their offspring this year. The southern, southeastern and southwestern United States and even Northern Mexico is dried out so bad hardly any new growth is available for any type of living creature to thrive on. No insects for the Mexican Free-tailed Bat can crash their populations. Dear, Bear and Mountain Lion are invading cities and towns looking for food.

The Monarch Butterfly has to travel right through the worst part of the drought and barely any will survive if conditions don't change for the better soon. There is a prediction of rain coming from the Gulf Coast around the end of the month, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Desert West Texas

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler