Cheapie Reusable Plant Markers

Many of you probably do this, but for those who don't know...
Cheap plastic knives, forks and spoons make excellant plant markers. I cut the knives in half and cut the handles off the spoons and forks, with a pair of wire dykes. Write on them with a fine point sharpie and you are good to go.
I've used "popsicle" sticks before and they bleed and mildew.
--
Care
Charlie
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:06:26 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Cut-to-size mini-blind slats work well too.

I like that better than what I do. Even cheaper, as someone is always tossing them to the curb.
Thanks
Charlie
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:31:47 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Endorsement for mini-blinds. Been using & re-using for years.
Persephone

Thanks! good thinking.
David
I cut up solid white plastic bottles and containers into strips and point the ends. Doesn't even have to be white; yellow detergent containers work nicely too.
ctlady
On Mar 31, 1:06 am, Charlie wrote:

I bought a box containing about a bazillion cheap, flimsy white plastic knives at the dollar store over 20 years ago. I've still a mess of them left. They aren't good for a darned thing except plant markers, that's why I bought them. One of the best $1 purchases I ever made ;)
Val