CHEAP VEGETABLE SEEDS?

Can anyone suggest a place to order vegetable seeds online, fairly cheap? I wanna order my seeds before spring and get some started early... but the local places here sell seeds right around spring time - too late in the season for early plantings...and most of the places like burpee.com can be expensive if you order several packages.
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

to save money on seeds, buy large packets and freeze them so you can use them for many years. one place where you can buy large packages is Territorial Seeds. But, right now I would be happy to give away my large tomato packages but I have 20 years to go on about 20 dollars worth of seeds.
Thanks for the info. I have a large collection of seeds, but I still buy the hybrid variety vegetables since I cannot collect and use those seeds. Someone needs to get a website together where gardners can exchange seeds... or has that already been done?
Thanks again!
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Never used it myself, but www.gardenweb.com has what looks to be a very active seed exchange. If you live in the US, Canada and Australia then you can post on their forums and exchange seeds via a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE). Not sure about other countries.
Vivek.M wrote:

yeah, there's a system for something similar at www.davesgarden.com .
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Again - you can use my website (it is brand new). In the community section, there is an area set up for people that would like to exchange seeds.
http://www.growersinfo.com
snipped-for-privacy@growersinfo.com
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said:

Fairly cheap, and S&H for seed-only orders is reasonable:
Pinetree Garden Seeds http://superseeds.com

In addition to the other suggestions, compare prices at: www.stokesseeds.com
And, this is a good guide for how long you can get away with storing various types of seeds: http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/garden/07221.html
The page is down at the moment. Keep trying.
I get my stuff from www.rareseeds.com, and www.gurneys.com. But you don't want cheap cheap - you get what you pay for. In some cases you might want the more expensive seeds, depending on what you grow. I need disease resistant pumpkins and squash - last year, mildew destroyed all of my squash and pumpkins. by the end of August.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You can check out my website - (yes this is a shameless plug) I have some posted, and will continue to add to it this week.
http://www.growersinfo.com
Craig Cooper growersinfo.com