center branch broken

    I have a shade tree, that due to bad tie-ins with the things to the stakes, have broken the center branch of the tree. Is that going to prevent the tree from ever getting taller?
= "When you're old, they say that your regrets aren't what you did, but what you didn't do. So I like to take every opportunity that I can."         -- Cameron Diaz
You can chose a new 'leader' branch, and train it to grow upward and it will eventually become your new leader.
Sherwin D.